The Equal Justice Associates (EJA) comprises attorneys under the age of 40 who support Maryland Legal Aid’s mission of providing equal access to civil legal assistance and representation for low-income Marylanders through organizing and participating in pro bono service and fundraising. In addition to organizing pro bono service opportunities, fundraising activities, and social networking events, EJA members also receive high quality training and mentoring from MLA attorneys in a variety of practice areas.
- Chair: Darryl L. Tarver, Esq. – DLA Piper (US)
- Vice Chair: Ernie Dominguez, Esq. – Office of the Public Defender
- Secretary: Aaron DeGraffenreidt, Esq. – Baltimore City Department of Law
- Treasurer: Alicia Shelton, Esq. – Zuckerman Spaeder LLP
- Member-At-Large: Megan E. Davis, Esq. – Federal Communications Commission
- Pro Bono Committee Chair: Joanna Diamond, Esq. – Health Care for the Homeless
Equal Justice Associates:
- Participate and coordinate a variety of pro bono service opportunities to help meet the legal needs of low-income Marylanders
- Build camaraderie with peers by coordinating fun and engaging activities to raise funds and awareness of Maryland Legal Aid
- Receive high-quality training and mentoring from Maryland Legal Aid attorneys in a variety of practice areas.
Through participation in EJA, you can:
- Keep families in their homes by successfully challenging illegal evictions;
- Provide representation and support for victims of domestic violence;
- Secure critical medical benefits for older adults and persons with disabilities;
- Expunge criminal records so that individuals can obtain employment, housing, and child custody;
- Ensure that veterans receive benefits for which they are eligible.
- Each EJA member will support Maryland Legal Aid by participating in at least one event, including attending a clinic and/or taking a pro bono case.
- If this is not possible, the EJA member can instead make a financial contribution (refer to the chart below to see contribution amounts). This financial contribution can be fulfilled through a personal donation or by raising the amount below through different contributions.
Apply to join the Equal Justice Associates today!
For more information about the EJA, contact Graham Cowger at (410) 951-7706 or email@example.com.