The Equal Justice Associates (EJA) is a group of dynamic young attorneys who support Maryland Legal Aid’s mission of providing equal access to civil legal assistance and representation for low-income Marylanders. Through organizing and participating in pro bono service and fundraising on behalf of Maryland Legal Aid, the EJA aims to fortify the efforts of the Equal Justice Council and build a deep, sustaining model of support for Maryland Legal Aid’s work.
- Chair: Darryl L. Tarver, Esq. – DLA Piper (US)
- Vice Chair: Ernie Dominguez, Esq. – Office of the Public Defender
- Secretary: Aaron DeGraffenreidt, Esq. – Baltimore City Department of Law
- Treasurer: Alicia Shelton, Esq. – Zuckerman Spaeder LLP
- Member-At-Large: Megan E. Davis, Esq. – Federal Communications Commission
Equal Justice Associates:
- Participate and coordinate a variety of pro bono service opportunities to help meet the legal needs of low-income Marylanders
- Build camaraderie with peers by coordinating fun and engaging activities to raise funds and awareness of Maryland Legal Aid
- Receive high-quality training and mentoring from Maryland Legal Aid attorneys in a variety of practice areas.
Through participation in EJA, you can:
- Keep families in their homes by successfully challenging illegal evictions;
- Provide representation and support for victims of domestic violence;
- Secure critical medical benefits for older adults and persons with disabilities;
- Expunge criminal records so that individuals can obtain employment, housing, and child custody;
- Ensure that veterans receive benefits for which they are eligible.
EJA members are honoring Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. by hosting an expungement clinic at the Men & Families Center on Saturday, January 26, 2019. Please join us at this event! Details are below:
- What: Expungement clinic at the Men & Families Center (volunteer attorneys will help attendees with Maryland record expungements)
- When: Saturday, January 26, 2019
- Time: The clinic is from 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. Training on expungement cases will be from 11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Where: Men & Families Center (2222 Jefferson Street, Baltimore, MD)
Join us after the clinic at Bond Street Social (901 South Bond Street)!
1. Each EJA member will support Maryland Legal Aid by participating in at least one event, including attending a clinic and/or taking a pro bono case.
2. If this is not possible, the EJA member can instead make a financial contribution (refer to the chart below to see contribution amounts). This financial contribution can be fulfilled through a personal donation or by raising the amount below through different contributions.
Join the Equal Justice Associates today!