Advanced Trial Advocacy Training
The American College of Trial Lawyers is delighted to offer a complimentary three-part Advanced Trial Advocacy Training, meticulously crafted by co-chairs Paul Mark Sandler, Esq. of Shapiro Sher Guinot & Sandler PA, Harriet Cooperman, Esq. of Saul Ewing LLP, and Charles “Chad” I. Joseph, Esq. of Baxter, Baker.
This invaluable training session is specifically tailored for Legal Services Attorneys and is scheduled to take place on March 27th, 28th, and 29th at the U.S. District Court in Baltimore City. In our efforts to amplify the benefits of this exceptional program led by Paul and his distinguished team, we warmly invite all our partner organizations to participate. Please note that attendance is at no cost.
This exciting program, presented at the federal court in Baltimore, Maryland, will feature a faculty of stellar, nationally recognized trial lawyers and judges. Registrants will see lectures, demonstrations, and panel discussions on the important aspects of trial advocacy with a focus on the challenges faced by legal services attorneys.
The training will be held in person at the U.S. District Court in Baltimore City. Please see the agenda below for further details on times and topics.
Wednesday, March 27th, 2:00pm-4:00pm
• The Art of Persuasion as It Relates to the Trial; Ethics and Professionalism; Role of the Trial Lawyer in History and Today
• Opening Statement: Lecture and Discussion
• Opening Statement: Demonstration and Panel Discussion
Thursday, March 28th, 2:00pm-4:00pm
• Direct Examination: Lecture (including authenticating of exhibits, e.g., social media evidence) and Discussion
• Direct Examination: Demonstration and Panel Discussion
• Cross-Examination: Lecture and Discussion
Friday, March 29th, 2:00pm-4:00pm
• Cross-Examination: Demonstration and Panel Discussion
• Closing Argument: Lecture and Discussion
• Closing Argument: Demonstration and Panel Discussion
Please complete the registration form to confirm attendance. Seating is limited to courtroom capacity. Each registrant will receive a digital copy of “The Art of Persuasion: Essays on Rhetoric in the Courtroom” by program co-chair Paul Mark Sandler, Esq.