Maryland Legal Aid represents people with consumer cases with the goal of achieving economic justice. This includes advising or representing individuals in matters that will help prevent homelessness, keep utilities turned on, protect assets and income, and avoid financial loss that is, or could become, a barrier to employment. If we cannot represent you, or answer your questions, we will refer you to someone who can.
Call us if:
- Debt collectors are suing or harassing you
- A utility company is threatening to cut off service
- Your car has been repossessed
- You are being sued for medical bills
- You cannot pay your student loans
- You are facing foreclosure
- Your wages are being garnished
- You need to file bankruptcy
If you need help with a consumer issue or have questions, please call or visit the office nearest you.
- Bankruptcy: Know Your Rights Brochure PDF
- Debt Collection: Know Your Rights Brochure PDF
- Debt Collection: Protect Yourself From Harassment Brochure PDF
- Debt Collection: If I Get Sued Brochure PDF