For office hours, physical addresses and phone numbers, please select from the list of locations below or to the right.
If you need help with a civil legal problem, you can call the office nearest to you, go to that office on the days and times when intake staff are available, or apply for legal help online.
You may be asked to provide some personal information before your questions can be fully answered. Collecting that information may take some time, so please be prepared when you call or visit a local office. Also, please have any court documents or important paperwork at hand when you call or visit one of our offices.
Maryland Legal Aid’s general practice covers a wide range of issues including housing, employment, health care, public benefits, family law, consumer, and education. Some offices have special contracts to represent abused and neglected children, clients who are facing legal issues resulting from a diagnosis of HIV/AIDS, migrant farmworkers and clients in danger of losing their home to foreclosure.
Office List by County:
- Anne Arundel County Office: Annapolis – (800) 666-8330
- District Court Self-Help Center – (410) 260-1392
- Baltimore City Office: Baltimore – (800) 999-8904
- Baltimore County Office: Towson - (877) 878-5920
- Lower Eastern Shore Office: Salisbury – (800) 444-4099
Dorchester, Somerset, Wicomico and Worcester Counties
- Metropolitan Maryland Office: Riverdale
- Howard County – (410) 480-1057
- Prince George’s County – (888) 215-5316
- Midwestern Maryland Office: Frederick – (800) 679-8813
Carroll, Frederick and Washington Counties
- Montgomery County Office: Rockville – (855) 880-9487
- Northeastern Maryland Office: Bel Air – (800) 444-9529
Cecil and Harford Counties
- Southern Maryland Office: Hughesville – (877) 310-1810
Calvert, Charles and St. Mary’s Counties
- Upper Eastern Shore Office: Easton – (800) 477-2543
Caroline, Kent, Queen Anne’s and Talbot Counties
- Western Maryland Office: Cumberland – (866) 389-5243
Allegany and Garrett Counties
- District Court Self-Help Center - (410) 260-1392
- Farmworker Program - (800) 444-4099
- Foreclosure Legal Assistance Project - (888) 213-3320
- Long-Term Care Assistance Project - (866) 635-2948
- Maryland Senior Legal Helpline - (866) 635-2948
- Ryan White Project - (866) 635-2948.
For a listing of board members and key personnel, see our Board and Senior Management page.
Note: Maryland Legal Aid cannot respond to email requests for legal advice or representation.