High Five to the staff at the Maryland Courts Self-Help Centers!
- In the first 7 months of 2016, the team has assisted 24,664 self-represented Marylanders (that's more than all of 2015!);
- In June, they assisted 5,220 visitors (804 more visitors than their last highest month in March);
- In June, they answered 3,559 phone calls (567 more calls than their last highest month in April);
- Despite being short one team member for most of June, the Upper Marlboro District Court Self-Help Resource Center (DCSHRC) set a new record of assisting 548 visitors;
- The Glen Burnie DCSHRC saw its highest number of visitors this year in June at 432;
- In their newest substantive area of family law, staff have assisted 4,552 Marylanders with their questions this year; 807 of those were just in June.
Staff have also played an amazing role in helping to open the newest DCSHRC in Salisbury,MD. The new Center opened on July 20 and will serve as an additional civil legal resource for residents on the eastern shore.