Maryland Legal Aid’s Joining Forces project is a free, statewide legal telephone hotline specifically for low-income individuals who have served in any branch of the military. Callers receive direct and immediate access to legal assistance and brief advice on a wide range of civil legal issues.
Areas of general services including:
- A state or federal law designed to protect consumers against improperly described, damaged, faulty, and dangerous goods and services as well as from unfair trade and credit practices. Including Legal Issues like: bankruptcy, collections, garnishment and repossession. More Rights
- Removing convictions from criminal records.
- Government Benefits
- There are federal and state statutes, that provide benefits, privileges and preferences for the welfare of veterans and their dependents. More
You can access civil legal help by calling the veterans’ hotline at (443) 863-4040 during the following days and times:
- Tuesdays, 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Thursdays, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm